Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Don't Know As Much As I Thought I Did Back In Highschool...

I just got done with my second journalism class this semester, and I have a confession to make: I have learned more in the last 2 class sessions than I ever did in school. Typical, I guess. I mean, this is COLLEGE after all.

I've been studying and analyzing the first amendment in the Constitution lately. It's amazing. The first 5 words of the first amendment are the most importantt: CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW....

Of course, you have to read the rest to figure out what Congress cannot do. 1) Congress cannot force any one religion on you. 2) Congress cannot take away your freedom of speech or press. 3) Congress cannot take away the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. 

And all this time I thought the government ruled my life. My mind is running pretty fast tonight from the high I got from this last class. Professors always say that when a teenager is in their first semester of college and they begin to learn how the world REALLY works- what really happened when Columbus landed in the West Indies, what REALLY happened when settlers pushed the Indians off their land and why young people protested Vietnam so adamantly- they say that these freshman kids want to go out and radically change the world in a day. Which is so true. However, I am 22 years old, I have gone through my fair share of college, and I still want to go out and change the world. I can't seem to come down from that.

I realize that I have not posted in a while, and I am sure  you want an update more than a lesson in journalism, or history, or whatever. But it was on my mind... and you know how I get when I have somethin' on my mind.

I hope to be able to sit down and write a lot more as my journalism class progresses. As for now, I am extremely exhausted, so here is a short synopsis of my exciting life:
I work one job between to locations (lots of driving!), I go to open mic nights with my man on Monday and Thursday nights; right now I have my Journalism class on Wednesday nights and pretty soon I will have Political Science on Tuesday nights; I relax on the weekends and perfect my Mariokart skills with Donnie, and I have started watching 60 minutes on Sunday nights.

That just about sums it up. I am loving life right now, and I hope this blog finds you the same.

LOVELOVELOVE
C

No comments:

Post a Comment