Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cest la Vie

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Bob Marley knew what he was talking about. No matter what happens, every little thing is gonna be alright.

I have some pretty crazy questions at the moment. Questions that I am not sure how to ask, questions that I am not sure who could answer, questions that I don't even know are worth asking. But questions still they are. And unanswered questions are just as annoying as mosquitoes.

There are days when I find myelf losing all patience with humanity. I get so irritated by people that treat others as if they are inferior, as if everyone else was placed on this earth to serve them. Why don't you put on someone elses shoes if only for one day. Just try it. Take 5 minutes to listen to someone that just needs to talk. Smile at the stranger on the street. Give that homeless man five bucks and don't think about what he will do with it, but instead be happy that you were able to help someone who needed it more than you.

The last few weeks I have learned a lot about loving other people. It all started a few weeks ago with a church sermon. I learned, probably for the 100th time in my life, that it is impossible to love God and to hate your brother (sister). IMPOSSIBLE. You cannot claim to love God, yet have hate in your heart towards another person.

I don't remember if it was before or after I heard that sermon, but at some point, I got my first tattoo. There was a bit of controversy about it within my circle of friends and family, but I got it nonetheless. It's simple, just on the inside of my left wrist, and it just says Love Wins. Nothing extravagant, but the artwork is beautiful and I am in love with it. This is something I have always lived by before, but now it has a whole new meaning to me.

Today at church, the guy up front that always seems to have the microphone, talked more about love. There was one verse in particular that I read and just fell in love with (you can never be in love with too many things, by the way). It just said "Anyone who doesn't love is as good as dead". THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT LOVE IS. The most important.

Anyways, the point of today's ramblings is the same as I have always told you.... just Love. No matter what. No matter when. No matter hoe awful the circumstances are. It can be the easiest and the hardest thing you will ever do. But I promise you, it will always be the best decision you have ever made.

LOVELOVELOVE
C

1 comment:

  1. Carrie
    I always enjoy reading your blog, you are a gifted writer (I am not and am jealous of you talent). This post hit home with me- Since we lost Sam, I have tried to live by his example. He truly loved everyone. I loose my way through the year sometimes but it just takes a little moment to get me back on track. That is what happened when I read this post. Thanks for the reminder and keep on writing.
    Rhi

    ReplyDelete