Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I've got this itch and it's driving me crazy.

I need to do something. I need to help someone. I need to make some sort of difference. I need someone to NEED me.

This morning on the way to work, I saw a guy broke down on the side of the road. I was in the left lane and he was pulled over on the right side of the road. I felt so bad for him, just looking under his hood as all these cars drove by. I was so upset that I could not stop. I mean, I have jumper cables and everything... I could have gotten him water or gas for his car... I contemplated getting off the Toll Road and turning around, but for some unknown reason, I did not. I am a little upset with myself that I did not help him. California is not like Alabama when it comes to helping people. You don't come across guardian angels as much out here.

I said a little prayer that God would send someone his way. I hope He did. I know it sounds petty to be upset about something like this, but it hurt my heart. I hate to see people hurting or in trouble. Even if it is not a huge deal, I want to do all I can to make sure they get what they need.

It sounds like a nice quality to have, but here lately it has been a little overwhelming. With the earthquake in Haiti, I was begging God for a way to get me out there. Everyday I try and find something I can do. I don't feel like a complete person if I have not helped someone do something in one day. Like I said, a bit overwhelming at times.

Lately I have had these daydreams about ways that I can get the word out about certain organizations that strive to help those in need. With how far technology has come in the last few years, it's almost impossible not to be heard by someone. There are people all over the place promoting causes that better the world such as TWLOHA and Invisible Children and TOMSshoes. But there is always more to do. There is always more people to reach, more ways to get involved, and more people that need you.

I can't express how mucht his means to me. If I could adopt every child that needed a place to live, or shelter from the pain, I would take them all in in a heartbeat. But I can't do it by myself. So please, spread the word... Tell everyone you know that the world needs our help...

If you want to get involved, here a a few other sites that can point you in the right direction:
(you can just click on any of these, as well as the 3 mentioned above)

LOVE146

St. Jude Childrens Hospital

World Vision

Juvenile Diabetes

National Alliance to end Homelessness

American Red Cross

CARE

The Mona Foundation

Samaritan's Purse

Thanks for caring as much as I do. Love you guys.

LOVELOVELOVE
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment