Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Does Love Always Win?

I'm realizing more and more how difficult it will be to go home. Sometimes it seems easy, other times it seems difficult. Today is a difficult kind of day. One look into Kayden's bright blue eyes and suddenly I realize that I left my heart in Mobile when I took off 4 months ago. It's no suprise to me however. I knew this would be difficult. It will be the first time going home in 5 months. It's never been that long for me. Learning to live without your mom and dad close to you everyday is tough. Learning to live everyday without the laughs and giggles from your 3 year old niece is a heart breaker.

But the toughest part is learning that sometimes love cannot conquer all, and sometimes love doesn't make the world go round. Learning that sometimes love brings your world to a screeching halt, steals you from the things you love the most and places you in a world so unfamiiliar and so scary that all you are left to do is pick up your things and move forward.
Love can be your best friend and it can be your worst enemy.

For now though, all I can do is search for the best friend that I once had in love.

"Call the surgeon,
Mend the pieces. "

No comments:

Post a Comment