Friday, September 4, 2009

Would it be okay, Would it be okay, If I took your breath away?

But it all boils down to one quotable phrase
If you love something, give it away
-Bright Eyes
"Landlocked Blues"


I am so sorry I have not updated in a while! I know all of you guys are wondering what is going on over here on the West Coast =)

I started work and school last week... so far so good! I work every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30-5:30... So that has been an adjustment getting used to an adult job! haha... and then I go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I also have a class on Wednesday night! So needless to say, my weeks are pretty full! My first class of the week is pretty interesting... It's called Helping Relationships... and don't worry I have had plenty of jokes about my being in that class to help with my problem of relationships... very funny. Lol I laugh at them now, I promise =) I met a girl named Ashley in that class and she is from Illinois, so it has been nice meeting someone who does not know anyone or the area very well. Needless to say, she is coming to $2 Corona with me on Tuesday! I also have a couple guy friends that go way back, Drew and Brian. They are in a co-ed softball league that plays on Tuesday nights.. So I wear the funny shirt they made me and go cheer them on...

My next class is Horticulture........ It sounds more interesting than it is. I promise. We did plant some seeds though, so hopefully they will grow! I put like 10 seeds in one little basket, so I am thinking that one of them is bound to grow! I made some friends in that class as well- a girl named Natalie who sits beside me and a guy (I think his name is Chase? I am so bad with names!) Anyways we cut up the whole time.. But we learn too ;)

On Wednesday night I have my Astronomy class. I really am interested in this class- obviously why I took it... But I think going from working all day to a 3 hour class at night... I am so tired and the teachers voice is so monotonous and he just looks like one of those crazy mad science teachers! Haha.. So at this point in the week I think I have become immune to coffee! =(

Thursday is the same as Tuesday except that I have a public speaking class at night. I made freinds with a girl who is a little older than me but is also a hairdresser. So she is really sweet and we both share a huge fear of public speaking! haha... but it's cool.. All of my teachers are great.. except the mad scientist astronomy one... I am sure he is great but on Wednesday night I don't care much to find out. haha I am so mean...

Work is going really great. I am the receptionist at the corporate office for Lindora... it's a weight loss company. My Uncle Bernie's dad actually started the comany, so Uncle Bernie is pretty high up there, so that helped when getting the job. But it is great cause I get to see him here 3 days a week and sometimes Aunt Holly when she comes in. Also, my aunt Mimi works in one of the clinics by my house so I get to see her at work every once in a while. Everyone is really nice and they all love my accent! haha... A girl named Alli trained me, and we have become good friends. There is also Dustin in IT and Sean in Customer Service that I have become friends with. Sean thinks we are going to runaway to Greenbow, AL one day, but I have not told him yet that that place does not really exist. I can't break his poor heart....

I love the drive to work everyday... it takes about 25 minutes to get here.... but I absolutely love it. It is still so strange to me to drive down the road and see mountains all around you. I cannot tell you how beautiful it is.. It's that feeling again of being small and insignificant, but in a good way... Like there is so much out there waiting to be seen.... And then there is me....Trying to see all I possibly can.....


I wanted to put some pictures on here of Amelia's last week before Germany, but I am not on my own computer, so I cannot get to those pictures right now, but as soon as I can I promise I will post some! We are going to Borrego this weekend- it is in the desert. Uncle Bernie's family has a house there that is on a golf course and it has a pool and all so that should be fun. Just me, Bernie, Holly, Mimi, her daughter Christy and our freind Donna. So I am going to try to get some cool shots there and play around with them, so I will post those too. Who knows though, I may be busy with homework the whole time!

My heart is healing.... Slowly but surely. I am making so many friends and have been so busy with school and work that I haven't had time to stop and think... But I make myself think... on the way to and from work everyday... It is the best time for it. God is taking care of everything. Things here and things at home. I pray everyday for His wisdom and guidance. So far He has been faithful.... =)

I will be home in October to see baby Noah and to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday. I will only be home for a weekend, so hopefully when I come home over Christmas and I have more time, we can all get together! I love all of you very much and am forever in debt to you for your prayers and support. You hold a special place in my heart.....

1 comment: